WIN AN ART SHOW, MY ORIGINAL PAINTING ICE SKATERS WINS


 I WON AN ART SHOW COMPETITION, ORIGINAL PAINTING ICE SKATERS.
sometimes you win..sometimes you don't. I was truly honored to receive from my
artist guild 1ST PLACE in our artist competition last night. Being in any juried
competition is a risk to take for any artist. Many pieces if fine art never receive
the recognition they deserve.
Earlier this year I had entered THIS SAME PAINTING in another art show and
and it did not even stir up comment, except for a negative one from the JUROR.
When you know in your heart that a certain piece of your artwork seemed totally
right from the beginning in terms of everything...composition, color, value, drama,
etc.... DON'T GIVE UP!! And, certainly don't determine your value as an artist
by whether or not you win in art competitions!
I was actually worried that this piece might turn off the juror because it was a
painting with a winter theme (and I think we are all just plain tired of that at this
point..it was a long winter). My point being, see how our minds work sometimes.
But, I felt I wanted to give this painting another go with competition.
Turned we had a fantastic juror, Kathryn Sharbaugh, one of the assistant directors
of the Institute of Arts, and, a very talented artist in her own right. Her warm
personality, engaging manner and professionalism were thoroughly enjoyed by
all.
http://www.dianetasselmyer.com
http://www.michiganpaintings.com





No comments: